In this issue:
Is it allergies or a cold?
July office hours
Is it allergies or a cold?The weather is getting warmer. Spring is in bloom. The symptoms start: runny nose, congestion, sneezing, watery eyes and scratchy throat. So what do you have – nasal allergies or a cold?
If your symptoms last for more than two weeks, you may very well have nasal allergies. Here are some facts you should know:
Allergy symptoms may come all at once. However, you will not have the muscle aches or fever you may get with a cold or flu. If you have respiratory allergies, your symptoms may include:
- Itchy, watery and sometimes red eyes
- Runny nose, usually with a clear or thin discharge
- Frequent sneezing
- Congestion of the nose
- Itchy ears or throat
- Cough, though less often than with a cold
Cold symptoms usually appear one at a time, and can linger for up to two weeks. If you have a cold (viral upper respiratory infection), your symptoms may include:
- Slight fever
- Mild muscle aches and/or headache
- Runny nose with a light yellow or thick discharge
- Congestion of the nose and sinuses
- Sneezing, though less often than with allergies
- Sore throat
Forms (School, Camp, etc...)
Please note that there is a charge of $5 per page (up to a maximum of $20) for the completion of forms (school, camp, etc). If the patient has not been seen in the past 6 months, an appointment must be scheduled in order for us to complete the form. There will be no charge for forms which are completed during an appointment.
There are a couple of exceptions to the above:
1. If the patient is being seen for food allergies only and their follow up is indicated for 1 year, we are able to complete the school and camp forms without an appointment. There is still a $5 per page charge for the forms. However, it is always encouraged that a patient or parent of the child, have an appointment before any school form is completed, to make sure the form is up-to-date, and accurate.
2. If a patient requires a note to carry a medication on a plane (e.g. EpiPen /TwinJect) they do not require an office visit and will not be charged for the note, as long as they have been seen within a year's time.
Note: Please be aware that we have a 24 hour turnaround time on all forms.
July Office HoursOur office will be closed on Monday, July 5th in observance of the 4th of July holiday, we will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, July 6th. We will be open the Saturday prior (July 3rd) for our normal Saturday business hours.
AAAMGRC; Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved.
5776 Ruffin Road
San Diego, Ca 92123
(858) 292-1144 Clinic
(858) 268-2368 Research